WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
Level 2 Course Locations
Click here to see all our Level 2 locations.
Click here to see all our courses available at this location.
You will be required to bring your own glassware to class. A set of 6 Spieglau Progessional Tasting Glasses is included with your tuition.
Full payment is required at time of registration.
Option 1: Credit Card Please use the "Sign up now!" button and proceed to check out.
Option 2: Cheque
Please complete this form and send with cheque to:
Adventure in Wine
200 Bain Avenue
Toronto ON M4K 1G1
Option 3: E-Transfer
Please complete this form and then send payment through online banking to:
Location and Dates
151 Albert St.
Stratford ON N5A 3K5
Course date and time
Sunday June 25
Sunday July 9
Sunday July 16
9am - 5pm
Please arrive 15 minutes early to set up.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is an extremely popular course. It will teach you about the key grape varieties that are grown around the world, the different styles of wine and the production of spirits and liqueurs. It will also expand on the Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting that we introduced in Level 1.
This course is a fantastic introduction to the world of international wines and spirits and is suitable for beginners as well as those who already have some wine knowledge.
Who should take this course
- You are a wine enthusiast who wish to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and wants to obtain an internationally recognized wine qualification
- You are employed in the drinks and hospitality industries and have little prior knowledge of alcoholic beverages in general and international wines in particular
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is not required to take this course. However, you should have a good base knowledge of wine before registering for WSET Level 2.
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- To gain the qualification students need to achieve 55% on a 50-question multiple-choice paper.