WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
Prince Edward County
Condensed 3-day course + exam
Includes course book, study guide, Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® Level 2 laminated grid, 6 Spiegelau Professional Tasting Glasses, wine, instruction, exam and certificate and lapel pin upon successful completion
Level 2 Course Locations
Click here to see all our Level 2 locations.
Click here to see all our courses available at this location.
Course materials will be delivered to you to ahead of the course so you can get a jump on reading.
Students will gain access to Adventure in Wine's Student Portal filled with information to help you pass the course successfully.
Full payment is required at time of registration.
Option 1: Credit Card Please use the "Sign up now!" button and proceed to check out.
Option 2: Cheque
Please complete this form and send with cheque to:
Adventure in Wine
200 Bain Avenue
Toronto ON M4K 1G1
Option 3: E-Transfer
Please complete this form and then send payment through online banking to:
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is an extremely popular course. It will teach you about the key grape varieties that are grown around the world, the different styles of wine and the production of spirits and liqueurs. It will also expand on the Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting that we introduced in Level 1.
This course is a fantastic introduction to the world of international wines and spirits and is suitable for beginners as well as those who already have some wine knowledge.
Who should take this course
- You are a wine enthusiast who wish to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and wants to obtain an internationally recognized wine qualification
- You are employed in the drinks and hospitality industries and have little prior knowledge of alcoholic beverages in general and international wines in particular
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is not required to take this course. However, you should have a good base knowledge of wine before registering for WSET Level 2.
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- To gain the qualification students need to pass a 50-question multiple-choice paper
Location and Dates
The Grange of Prince Edward
990 Closson Rd.
Hillier ON K0K 2J0
Click here for location details
Course date and time
This course runs 3 days from 10am-6pm:
Monday Feb 5, 2018
Tuesday Feb 6, 2018
Monday Feb 12, 2018
Monday Feb 19, 2018
4pm - 5:30pm
Registration Deadline: January 19, 2018
A form needs to be completed for each participant. If you are registering more than one person, please add them one at a time.
Additional information regarding the WSET programs and qualifications can be found here.