WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
Course Fees: $825
Includes course book, study guide, Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® Level 2 laminated grid ,tasting samples, instruction, exam and certificate and lapel pin upon successful completion
You will be required to bring your own glassware to class. A great tasting glass is an extremely important tool, and Spiegelau's Expert Tasting Glasses are an excellent choice If you would like to purchase a set of six glasses, please click here. Glasses will be delivered to you at the first class.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits covers the main categories of spirits and liqueurs as well as the influences of production methods on the different styles available in each category. Students will develop high level analytical tasting skills while also exploring the use of spirits in cocktails. The product knowledge gained on this course will be a significant advantage to those working with spirits in both the on- and off-trade.
Who should take this course
- You are a spirits enthusiast who wish to gain in-depth knowledge of spirits and cocktails and wants to obtain an internationally recognized spirits qualification
- You are employed in the drinks and hospitality industries and have little prior knowledge of alcoholic beverages in general and spirits and cocktails in particular
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits is not required to take this course. However, you should have a good base knowledge of wine before registering for Level 2.
- How spirits are made
- The characteristics of the main styles of spirits and liqueurs
- How production methods affect style and quality
- The major global spirits brands
- Tutored tastings of around 40 spirits and liqueurs
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
Classes run from 6:30 - 8:30
Mondays, Starting September 10
Registration deadline August 20
Full payment is required at time of registration.
Option 1: Credit Card
Please use the "Sign up Today!" button and proceed to check out.
Option 2: Cheque
Please complete this form and send with cheque to:
Adventure in Wine
200 Bain Avenue
Toronto ON M4K 1G1
A form needs to be completed for each participant. If you are registering more than one person, please add them one at a time.