WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
Course Fee: $950
Includes course book, study guide, Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® Level 2 laminated grid, wine, instruction, exam and certificate and lapel pin upon successful completion
You will be required to bring your own glassware to class. A great tasting glass is an extremely important tool, and Spiegelau's Expert Tasting Glasses are an excellent choice If you would like to purchase a set of six glasses, please click here. Glasses will be delivered to you at the first class.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is an extremely popular course. It will teach you about the key grape varieties that are grown around the world, the different styles of wine and the production of spirits and liqueurs. It will also expand on the Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting that we introduced in Level 1.
This course is a fantastic introduction to the world of international wines and spirits and is suitable for beginners as well as those who already have some wine knowledge.
Who should take this course
- You are a wine enthusiast who wish to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and wants to obtain an internationally recognized wine qualification
- You are employed in the drinks and hospitality industries and have little prior knowledge of alcoholic beverages in general and international wines in particular
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is not required to take this course. However, you should have a good base knowledge of wine before registering for WSET Level 2.
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
All classes run from 6:30 - 9:30
Mondays, Starting September 10
Registration deadline Aug 29
20 Queen Street S | Kitchener
Click here for map
Tuesdays, Starting September 18
Registration deadline Sep 6
Equal Parts Hospitality
41 King William Street, Suite 200
Click here for map
Wednesdays, Starting September 19
Registration deadline Sep 7
Full payment is required at time of registration
Option 1: Credit Card
Please use the "Sign up today!" button and proceed to check out.
A form needs to be completed for each participant. If you are registering more than one person, please add them one at a time.
Additional information regarding the WSET programs and qualifications can be found here.