Wine and Spirit Education Trust Award in Spirits
Who should attend?
This qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service of spirits to help prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or in other sectors of the spirits industry. This course may also appeal to the interested spirits consumer.
Hw will you benefit?
The aim of the course is to give a basic introduction into spirits including detail on how to market and serve them.
(Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 1 Award in spirits lapel pin.)
- The main categories of spirits
- Process of distillation
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- Health, safety and legal issues
- Service and sales of spirits
- To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple choice paper of 30 questions