Wine and Spirit Education Trust
Award in Spirits
Who should Attend?
This qualification underpins the skills needed in all areas of the spirit trade – customer service, hospitality, retail and wholesale. The course is also appropriate for students who are not employed in the drinks industry and wish to broaden their knowledge of spirits in a structured way.
How will you benefit?
The aim of the course is to give comprehensive training in spirits and liqueurs and covers the history, production and styles of principal spirits and liqueurs. The Level 2 Award in Spirits is supported by the world’s major spirits companies.
(Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits lapel pin)
- The Spirits market
- Scotch whisky
- Gin and other flavoured Spirits
- Liqueurs and fruit spirits
- The sale and service of spirits
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple choice paper of 50 questions